November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month
Don't let a pet's age prevent you from adopting them! Senior pets have so much love to offer their owners. They are usually a bit more mellow, potty trained and yes....senior dogs can be taught new tricks.
Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Senior Dog
1. Older dogs are house trained. You won't have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house manners and mopping/cleaning up after accidents.
2. Older dogs are not teething puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
3. Older dogs can focus well because they've mellowed. Therefore, they learn quickly.
4. Older dogs have learned what "no" means. If they hadn't learned it, they wouldn't have gotten to be "older" dogs.
5. Older dogs settle in easily, because they've learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
6. Older dogs are good at giving love, once they get into their new, loving home. They are grateful for the second chance they've been given.
7. What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seemed at first.
8. Older dogs are instant companions -- ready for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do.
9. Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs do.
10. Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't generally need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.
There are so many senior pets waiting for YOU! Won't you give them a loving forever home?
Please save a life and adopt a senior pet today. If you're ready to bring home a senior pet, please visit the below links.
Here are my senior girls...the are so DARN CUTE! I love my girls!
Lucy is a 11 yr old Aussie Kelpie
Molly is a 9 yr old Beagle
Is there a senior pet waiting for YOU?