Sunday, September 28, 2008

Super Duper Weekend!

Just boppin' in to say that I had a super duper weekend. I rode with my Orchard Ranger Saddle Club friends at Hay Creek State Forest. Hadn't seen them for a few months, it's was good to get caught up. I pulled into camp early Friday morning; the day was sunny and warm. Set up camp, had some lunch..then got my butt into the saddle and hit the trails.

Photobucket

As always, the trails were beautiful...many of them covered in crunchy leaves.

It got a bit humid towards the end of the ride...glad I clipped Huginn last Sunday. After the ride, he got a bath in Hay Creek.

Before our ride...my hubby Dan showed up. I had forgotten my RV's shower curtain (was in the wash/dryer) at home and he dropped it off. What a nice guy! He knows I like to shower before tucking in for the nite.

Too bad...Dan didn't spend the nite! HA!

Photobucket

Saturday...Susie made a yummy breakfast for all of us. Then we hit the trail, the day was cooler. I was glad, since Huginn is getting so darn fuzzy. My pals all ride non gaited horses, so Huginn had a easy weekend of leisure riding. Huginn is so darn cute...when he rides with QH...he's so slow, he's always one of the last ones.

On the way back to camp, we ran into a group of PNH riders with their carrot sticks. Huginn and I rode with them for about 30 minutes. It was nice chitchatting PNH with these ladies. Too bad we were not in the same campground, it would have been fun to take my ponies and carrot stick over to their sites for some "playing".

After the ride...Huginn got another creek bath. Hehehe...my friend Sally had a watermelon chilling in the creek, Huginn spied that and wanted to eat it.

Later in the day, we cut the melon open. What a surprise...it was bright yellow and very sweet. After all the humans had a slice, Sally gave Huginn the rest of it. Oh boy...he LOVES watermelon. Thank you Sally!

Saturday nite we drove into town to celebrate Sheri's birthday at Mexican Fiesta. YUMMY FOOD! The best part was that Dan joined us for dinner and then came back to camp for the bonfire.

Nope...he didn't spend the nite. DARN! Dan does not like to camp.. even in the RV. HA!

Sunday morning, I rode alone and ponied my mini mare Dixie. She loves to trail ride. But sometimes other horses on the trail...do not appreciate seeing her.

What is it about a pony and a mini on the trail...spooking big horses?

Look at these faces....are they scary??? HAHA!

BTW....I thought I knew these trails like the back of my hand. Well, I got to ride some of the deer trails, they were so much fun and just a tad challenging in spots. YAHOO! My favorite kind of trail.

I'm bumming...cuz I forgot my camera and Flip video at home. Darn! So, you get to see an old Hay Creek photo.

This is beloved Wizard. He was my heart and soul. I miss him very much.

Go Boy's Ebony Wizard 1988-2005 Tennessee Walking Horse

Go hug your horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOW! Thanks, you made my day! Doggie & Pony kisses sent! Please come back....real soon.