Sunday, March 14, 2010

BUNCHER ALERT - MN/WI - BE ON THE ALERT FOR CANINE THEFT!

BUNCHER ALERT - MN/WI - BE ON THE ALERT FOR CANINE THEFT!

Even if you do not live in this part of the country, it is a wake-up call for all dog owners. It could happen anywhere.

ADVISORIES- BUNCHER ALERT: North-Central MN/WI - BE ON THE ALERT FOR CANINE THEFT!

URGENT: PLEASE FORWARD and CROSS-POST EVERYWHERE!

I am writing to let you know that there is a LARGE group of bunchers working from the Hibbing-Virginia area down through Duluth-Mid Minnesota-mid Wisconsin.

I have not only spoken with many people who have had their pets stolen from their fenced yards, taken off tie-outs, and one brave enough to run up to a man's porch in broad daylight and try to steal his Dachund. Luckily, he lived by a 4 way stop, and ran into the street in front of the cars. When he yelled "What are you doing with my dog" the woman threw her out of the window to the pavement and said "We thought she was lost" then took off before he could get a license number.

Note: A woman was driving and she had a 9 or 10 year old girl run for her. Unfortunately, I was an intended target as well.

I'd noticed a blue truck with a topper and a sort of loud muffler going slowly past my fenced yard off and on for the last three weeks.

Last week one of the guys (there were 2 men) got out by my side fence and bent down to call the dogs-luckily I was standing at the door and was out there like a shot. Needless to say, they took off.

Four nights ago, just at dusk, I heard that truck again. This time they pulled up the the front fence (so all I could see was the side of the truck-no plates). Two of my dogs were out. The guy in the passenger side jumped out and was at my fence in a second, bent down and calling "come here puppy want this come here.."

Again, luckily I've been keeping an Eagle Eye on my dogs. I ran out and called Baily (he was closest) and at the same time screamed "What the hell are you doing"...well he was in the truck and gone in 2 seconds.

The next day, Dan was out in back by the garage, and Mason trotted up to him! We couldn't figure out how in the world he'd gotten out, until Dan checked the fence. The spot where this dog thief was squatting the night before had used wire cutters to snip several pieces of our fence wire...just enough to reach in and grab the dogs.

Please be advised that there has also been a report of a dark haired woman in a coupe-like red car who has been spotted doing the same thing. God knows how many there are and how many vehicles are being used.

PLEASE use caution when letting your dogs out. Mine will never go out alone again!

ORIGINAL POSTER CONTACT
Founder/Director of Small Breed Rescue and Adoption
List owner of Stolen_Lost_ Found_Pets@ yahoo.com
petrescue911@ inbox.com
Alternate: petrescue@charter. net
Cell: 218 206 4276

Melissa G/WI

KEEP YOUR PETS SAFE!

Ice Pony Girl

4 comments:

  1. That's both sickening and terrifying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Maryland. I wish I had been aware of these evil people. Jan 1, 2009 I let my 2 English Labbies out to Potty in a fenced in yard. I went out about a hour later and they where gone. I went out and searched and searched poster's all over the neighborhood, fliers up all ten miles Home again alerted, Ad's in a lot of different newspapers and on on our local cable channel. No one in the area had seen them. I am so afraid that something like that happened to my boys. It has changed my way of life. I don't let any dogs out with out adult supervision anymore. They where there one min and gone the next. Leaving a giant hole in my heart and an ongoing search for them still today.
    Becky Price
    www.myspace.com/becknrod4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky...that just breaks my heart. I am so sad for your great loss. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice pony girl,
    I too have an Icelandic and she is so much fun to ride. I really enjoy her as do my grandsons. Had to comment on this to you,
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete

WOW! Thanks, you made my day! Doggie & Pony kisses sent! Please come back....real soon.