Monday, October 12, 2009

Minnesota Horse Council - Crow Hassan Trail Ride


This past weekend I drove to Crow-Hassan Park Reserve for the Minnesota Horse Council Fall Trail Ride. This was the first time I have attended this ride. What a lovely weekend I had!



The Crow Hassan horse trails are quite beautiful this time of year. The fall colors were a quilt of yellows, greens, and reds... with a dash of snow.

My friend Pat riding her cute Icelandic Horse mare named Dimmalimm.

We camped at the Blue Stem group campground, it's very nice. It's offers a handful of hitching rails, bathrooms, water and a wonderful shelter with a wood burning stove. The wood stove was greatly appreciated this weekend, since it was a very chilly weekend.

Our camping site.....early Friday evening.

Friday night, it got very cold and Saturday morning, I woke up to find snow on the ponies. And a harsh wind blowing though the campground.


It was 24 degrees when I woke up! Brrr!

The park offers about 11 miles of the flat to gently rolling horse trails that meander through the woods and along the prairies with views of the Crow River.


The MN Horse Council treated us to a wonderful weekend of riding, friendship and oh yes.....delicious food!

On Saturday, Deb made sloppy joes for lunch and Darrel deep fried a turkey for dinner. YUMMY!

Thank you Deb, for the wonderful food and warm yummy RV baked cookies. Proud hubby Darrel in the background.

The MN Horse Council even had door prizes for all the riders who braved the winter temps and snow to attend their ride. I won a warm comfy fleece riding vest! Happy Camper!!

Thank you Deb, Linda...our faithful trail boss, and Darrel for the wonderful weekend! I will for sure attend this ride next year!

For more photos, please click HERE! Enjoy the fall beauty.


Ice Pony Girl

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos but I got cold looking. I am not ready for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so brave going camping on such a cool spell, though the scenery is lovely and colourful, it would be too cold for me.

    ReplyDelete

WOW! Thanks, you made my day! Doggie & Pony kisses sent! Please come back....real soon.